Clinical Social Worker
“I leave the gift of peace with you – my peace. Not the kind of fragile peace given by the world, but my perfect peace. Don’t yield to fear or be troubled in your hearts – instead, be courageous!
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Medicare Provider number 4324841F
- Master in Health (Addictions)
- Master in Counselling (CBT & Assessment)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Diploma in Family and Marriage Counselling
- Parenting Under Pressure Training Program (PUP) Dr Paul Harnett University of QLD
- Registered Circle of Security Parent Educator
- Myer Briggs Type Indicator Professional Accreditation (Personality Profiler)
- Precision Nutrition Coach
My Practice Philosophy
We are all a unique and complex package of differences and preferences. We all have different DNA, intellect, personality traits, likes, dislikes, talents, strengths, weaknesses, gender, age, culture, motivations and environmental differences. It can also be said that there are as many people as there are perspectives which means you are unique!
Therefore, the therapeutic relationship can facilitate a greater understanding of who we really are underneath the coping mechanisms we all use to deal with overwhelming feelings and emotions. It is when we deal with the unresolved issues in our lives that we gain a better understanding of who we are. Interestingly, it is only then that our relationship with ourselves and with others seem to grow as a consequence. Thus, the only person you can change is yourself. We have choices in life and as I always say – you can become bitter or better, the choice is up to you.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]